Kydex® 150 Class I/A Rated Thermoplastic Sheet
Kydex® 150 Class I/A Rated Thermoplastic Sheet – Kydex 150 is a proprietary acrylic/PVC thermoplastic sheet that is used for laminating and thermoforming applications requiring a Class I/A rating. Kydex 150 meets Class I/A building code ratings up to and including 0.060″ (1.52mm), Class II/B building codes up to and including 0.093″ (2.36mm), and is UL listed.
Kydex 150 sheet can be used in both flat sheet and thermoformed sheet applications such as:
• Interior Ductwork and Chutes
• Laboratory Hoods
• Shower / Tub Shrouds
• Acoustical Applications
• Decorative Ceilingss
• Abuse Resistant Surfacing for Counters, Exhibits, Partitions, Doors, etc.
• Kydex 150 is available in standard gauges from 0.028″ to 0.093″ (.71-2.36mm), nine textures, a large variety of colors – including custom color matching, and custom blank sizes.
• Kydex 150 sheet is more resistant to a wider range of concentrated chemicals than any other thermoplastic. Its superior chemical resistance allows for excellent cleanability because stronger cleaning agents can be used with no discoloration or surface damage to the material.
• Kydex 150 is not available for field applied wallcovering applications. Please contact Kleerdex Company Customer Service with your requirements.
Kydex 150 has good formability and extensibility and is extremely easy to work with once formed. All secondary operations, such as sawing, shearing, punching, and brake forming are possible with Kydex 150 sheet.
|PROPERTY||TEST METHOD||TYPICAL VALUE1|
|Specific Gravity||ASTM D-792||1.35|
|Tensile Strength, psi (MPa)||ASTM D-638||6,100 (42)|
|Elongation at Break, %||160|
|Flexural Strength, psi (MPa)||ASTM D-790||9,300 (64)|
|Modulus / Elasticity, psi (MPa)||335,000 (2310)|
|Rockwell Hardness, R||ASTM D-785||94|
|Notched Izod Impact Resistance, 73°F (23°C),ft-lbs/in (J/m)||ASTM D-256||18 (953)|
|Taber Abrasion Resistance, wt loss gms, 1000 cycles||ASTM D-1044||0.038%|
|Heat Deflection Temperature, HDT, @264psi (1.8MPa), annealed,°F (°C)||ASTM D-648||173° (78°)|
|Flammability Properties: Flame Spread||<0.050″ (1.27mm)||25|
|Flammability Properties: Smoke Developed||40|
|Flammability Properties: Flame Spread||<0.060″ (1.52mm)||20|
|Flammability Properties: Smoke Developed||350|
|Flammability Properties: Flame Spread||<0.093″
|Flammability Properties: Smoke Developed||350-450|
|Fire Door||ASTM E152||20 minute|
|1All values based on 0.125″ (3.12mm) sheet unless otherwise specified.
2Not intended for specification purposes.
Full-service plastics fabricator and supplier of plastic materials
Norva Plastics has been a full-service plastics fabricator and supplier of plastic materials. With over half a century in the business, we can tackle just about any job with confidence that comes from experience. From a tough prototype to long-run production, whatever your requirement, contact the experienced plastics fabricators first at Norva Plastics.
Norva Plastics provides many services relating to plastics and similar materials. We have 3 high precision CNC machines in house to handle high production jobs or for quick prototype jobs. We also do custom fabrication and also offer vacuum forming services. So contact us now! We look forward to serving you.